View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMade View Post
I quit GCCA when it became a money maker for a few select people and re-formed as CCA. The CCA boys are actually a Texas group, using a 501(C) to circumvent their real goals. CCA has done nothing but caused hardship to its recreational members for benefit of a select few. It is the only 501(C) organization in the ENTIRE country who refuses to provide financial records to its members. It proposed a bow fishing band in conjunction with the Louisiana Landowners Association with data that it admitted was fabricated. It did the exact same thing in its succesful ploy to regulate tripletail creel limits. It refuses to get involved in public waterway disputes, despite its mission statement mandating it will. It refuses to help in the rigs to reefs program because one of its "owners" in Texas has a company which is paid by the federal government to remove rigs from the Gulf. Maybe that is why 6 of 7 fisherman in Louisiana refuse to join the CCA which is affectionaly known in Baton Rouge and Washington as the "C"apitol "C"lowns "A"ssocation.

Before you kool-aid drinkers start fussing, the redfish gillnet issue was NOT promoted by CCA, but by GCCA, a total volunteer organization.

Finally, if you do make a negative statement about CCA, you might get threaten with bodily harm from one of its board members, just as I did. But obviously, I do not scare that easily.

Can you provide links to confirm this information? I'm interested in the back story