View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 07:35 PM
Redfish

Cash: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
Let me clarify, I guess I should have been more detailed, I have a lot of ETFs in both of my IRAs, (I have 2 IRAs, one swap over from an old 401 as well a self contributing IRA) as well I have invested outside of IRAs in ETFs, Specifically the XLE ETF.

I monitor my ETF investments daily (easy to do with todays smart phones.) Ironically the ETFs I have invested in outside of my IRAs are some of the same ones I have in my IRAs, so I am able to monitor them both by watching a few ETFs I can make changes with one phone call minute by minute.

With smart phones its easy to follow by the day, hour minute. here a few screen shots of my phone

I use mainly E Trade & Chase for my non IRA trading & T Rowe Price for IRA. All trades done electronically. E Trade is frickin awesome, you can watch a security trade real time, real time bid & ask prices, I've watched a stock trade like this on my phone on the mobile site,placed my bid using my I Pad while logged in to their non mobile site, saw it enter on the bid side instantly & the instant it was executed.