View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 11:46 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
Yes, pretty much. They are different in a way though. Lottery hunts on public land are for that piece of land only, it's not like hunters can't go hunt the species elsewhere.

Like I said, you and I know it's completely BS we can't go catch snapper. The fact that some people are happy with this half a** attempt to give a tiny fraction of fisherman, and only those guys, the ability to go catch the over-abundant fish blows my mind.
Maybe that's what it is going to take to get the feds to give management control over to the state.

Hell, I don't know, and I can't say that I care. I have no means of going after the fish anyway.

I also disagree with your assessment of lotteries. I don't see any difference, and I have no problem with them. They are intended to limit opportunity to harvest a particular resource. Instead of closing that resource off completely, it offers limited opportunities. I for one see no reason West Bay WMA should have a turkey lottery given the number of birds killed there, but there is a lottery, so it is what it is.

I will say 25k lbs seems like a lot of fish, and to only go to 150 anglers (or whatever the number is) seems like a lot to a few, but I don't know what the population is, or what percentage of it that 25k is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk