View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 08:02 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronHunter View Post
That's not my point at all. I am not complaing about my hunting experiances at all. You just seem to be standing on your soapbox saying that people shouldn't whine about public hunting in Louisiana. I just wanted to point out that your opinion loses all credibility on the matter when you have hunted public ducks ZERO days for the last several seasons...probably since ole Phil been on the tube. Things are different out there. You'll find out when you gotta go back to poor boying it.
Just my opinion, but I didn't find that he was soap boxing.

Regardless of the number of days he spends on public grounds, I felt there was a lot of truth to what he said. I've hunted private lands in "prime duck hunting territory" and didn't see a duck. Then again, I've put in some leg work on WMAs and NWRs and had decent hunts. I know people that hunt nothing but public land, and do very well by putting in the extra time and effort.

I feel it's all about the amount of work you put in. If you go out to Sabine and go where it's easy to get to, chances are, you aren't going to see many ducks and you will see a lot of hunters. I choose not to do that.

And before anyone jumps on me, I'm not suggesting that you're lazy if you aren't killing on public land. I've killed in places one day, and gone back the next and there wasn't a duck around. That happens anywhere if it gets hunted enough.

The fact is, duck observations have gone down everywhere....if you believe what you read on forums. It's not just public lands. The difference between having a garhole lease and hunting a garhole on public land is you can move from the public land garhole. No where is perfect. It is what you make of it.