View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 11:03 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Kind of scary true story.

About 15 years ago..... a hunting buddy and I were hunting the southern part of Sherburne WMA using a boat. We hunted until dark and got back to the Whiskey Bay boat launch well after dark.

As I walked up the ramp, I was greeted by a Sheriff Officer. He asked where I had been and a few other questions. I was calm and answered his questions, but wonder why I was being questions. Then he asked if I had hunted anywhere along I-10. FYI... there is some Sherburne land on either side of I-10.

I told him no. Then another person walked over and identified me as a person he had seen hunting on his private land. This guy said that when he approached me in the woods, I started whistling to alert my buddy. He repeated several times that I was the person he saw.

We talked some more and I offered to take the officer to where I had parked my boat so he could see the "boat marks" in the mud.

I guess, my buddy and I convinced the officer we where not who they were looking for because he told us we could leave.

It was still a very scary situation that I still think about sometimes.

************************************************** **************************************
I had scouted and hunted the Sherburne land next to his property a few years before this happened. This guy (??) had but up box stands near the property lines and used a chain saw to cut 30 foot wide lanes about 100 yards long into the Sherburne property. And this guy wanted to try to get me in trouble????