View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 07:11 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

Unfortunately my last 5 trips have been bank fishing due to a busted boat trailer axle have not been able to get out on lake. It's killing me but it has been really fresh anyway. I caught a limit of reds a few weeks ago at the west cove boat launch. I have not had much luck bank fishing ship channel this year other than a few small reds. It was just too fresh down there as well. But the water salinity is back up down there now and there are a couple spots u can fish off the bank and one that I like a lot u can wade out and fish. This spot u need a 4x4 to park and have a pretty steep drop down from washed out bank down to the water. I started bringing a little step ladder to get down that way don't have to walk so far thru the salt grass. I like to bring live shrimp and fish under a cork. Sometimes they rather live mullet or croakers and other times will hit topwater and nothing else. If u see a bunch of mullet throw the topwater. Often times there will be 5-6 guide boats anchored out fishing right there so get there early to claim a spot. If u like to wade fish this is a great spot. Coming from west side it's just before u get to the ferry. There are not many places to park off Hwy but u will see it . A little further down there is a spot often need 4x4 to get down there too but u. An drive a little further off Hwy and then short walk to rocky bank to fish. Don't wade there and fish are often right on the bank. I have fished this spot more by boat than bank but have limited on trout many times there. Often with some bonus flounder. Good luck