Thread: Weirs........
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 01:24 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 768

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
We have the best Fishing in world.........Our fish are healthy and alive!! Our Estuary is solid and our reefs are healthy......... As long as the weirs fishing is legal......hey its all good!!! I just think someone should look at making the 250 a 1000feet give the fish a chance to flee........ Someone above said you think these few small areas hurt our fishing.........Yes I do.....when Reds and Shrimp only have 4 ways into a marsh and its loaded with hooks and castnets!!! So you funnel all your fish to one spot in and out!!!!....... Im not against someone slamming reds at the weirs I have done it my self this year!!! I just dont know how much our population is taking a hit!!! I was told by a guide that between 5 boats they harvested about 3000 reds in a month......
W..... usally I agree with you but, I can tell you from experience guides have takin way more than 3000 redfish a month from the wiers and probably even more off the east and south banks. You should know our redfish population is by far in no harm considering the last couple years we have had on biglake. If people wanta fish the wiers by all means let them. Alot of people enjoy knowing they can go there and put there kids and friends on fish pretty easy. Theres plenty of other places to catch them on the lake.