View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 08:37 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

There's always some crap when hunting other peoples property. I have been hunting a good size of woods and swamp for a buddy going on 3 years now. I have full permission including keys to all the gates. I never have to call ahead and have never had to in the past. My buddy works overseas and is gone for 30-90 days at a time. He had told me in the past that 2 other people had keys but didn't hunt much. In 3 years I never encountered either of them. It's a big piece of property and I mostly hunt far back in the swamp on the ridges anyway. When we knocked off this afternoon me and one of my hands decided to go shoot some woodducks. We finished our hunt and headed back to the truck. As We turned the last curve of the trail we could see lights around my truck. As we get closer we were greeted by a sheriffs deputy gun drawn and light in our eyes. We had to go through the whole ordeal. Raise your hands, do you have Any other firearms on you besides the ones on your back? Are the guns loaded? Is there one in the chamber? He then removed our guns from us. All the while pointing his pistol right at my face. After that he Made us get up against the vehicle where we were frisked. Then another series of questions. What's your names? Do you know who owns the property? Do you have permission to be here? ( keep In mind my truck is parked behind a locked gate). So I tell him the owners name and he makes me call him. I get no answer. He calls a guy over from across the street. I know the guy but not from the property. The deputy ask him to call the owner. He gets no answer either. The guy starts telling the deputy nobody else has permission to hunt there but him and the owner. They are suppose to be the only ones with keys so the deputy should just go ahead and arrest us. (I really think the deputy thought about it. Don't forget now my truck is parked behind a locked gate that we had to unlock to pass through! Just as the deputy is finished thinking about slapping the cuffs on us the other guys phone rings. It's the owner. The deputy talks to him and gets the all clear. This has me floored tonight. #1 I don't take kindly to be harassed when I'm doing everything perfectly within the law and # 2 I don't like any goberment official removing my gun from when I ain't did a thing wrong.

End RANT!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free