Thread: Turkey Time.
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
They should still be around. As long as there's food around, they shouldn't be far. But they can travel very far in a day but usually like to roost in the same area as long as they aren't disturbed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. During the fall/winter you'll see flocks of birds with hens and gobblers. Their concern is food. If they have it they shouldn't be far. During the early spring the flocks will seperate although the boys won't be too far from the ladies. Gota keep tabs on the ladies much like a rutting buck. It's an amazing bird to hunt but will make you feel like an idiot while you laugh at yourself. You know when you work thos mallards and tell your buddies to take em on the next pass and there is no next pass. Yeah that feeling. They seem to disappear into thin air sometimes.
I'm no expert by any stretch and don't claim to be but if anyone wants to try it this is my advice. Ignore the hunting shows that want to sell you their newest call. When you know he's coming put down the call, click off the safety gently and get your trigger finger ready. If he's coming he knows exactly where you are.