View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3FLa View Post
I thought your were not responding anymore

Now, I cannot speak for anyone else, and I am a CCA hater, but let me tell you what I and my friends did. We spent over $275,000.00 of personal money in the last two years doing things which CCA's refuses to do----protect recreational sportsmens rights. In the last three years, I have personally spent over 38 days in Washington D.C., 123 days in Baton Rouge, 29 days in Florida, 13 in Texas. My friends, have done the same. And not one time did I or anyone else ever ask you to give us a penny, nor did we make public our actions, unlike your little posses' love of fanfare.

So while you were in your little reival in New Orleans, I was at a Washington D.C. adminstrative hearing trying to save the red snapper season, a hearing that CCA was invited to and failed to appear. A hearing where a federal judge call your group's omissions "suspect" and "contrary". Then you got on this site and denied that happen, until two days later when your group posted exactly what I said on its very own website.

I have been able to meet with State Senators and Reps, as well as U.S. Congressmen. All these officals respect our little group and will return phone calls to us, unless we mention the "C"apitol "C"lowns "A"ssociation (their name, not mind).

We have hired our own lobby group and have paid them over $67,000 over the last 12 months, again from our own money to support the rights CCA refuses to defend.

Not one of us ever received a salary, nor have we asked for one, nor will we every ask for one.

When CCA was in bed with the Louisiana Landowners Association and refused to involve itself with the public vs private waterways, despite its very own mission statement, our group donated over 33,000 acres of personal land across the country so the public could have a place to recreate.

We did all this behind the scenes and without any fanfare. Even received a threat from you, which again fell on deaf ears.

But we are tired of always getting negative reactions and setbacks because of your group, and that is why will be have our own tournament (2015), called the Galaxy (because Galaxies eats Stars).

More details will soon follow, but here is a general overview: It will be free to fish; It will be 202 days; It will have over 2.5M in prizes, including one tagged fish worth 1M; there will be weekly giveways to all contestants with each week's prize being worth approx. $175-$250.00.

The one and only stipulation of the Galaxy will be that you cannot be a registered member of CCA/STAR. Furthermore, if you registered with Galaxy and catch a STAR tagged fish, you win $50,000.00.

CCA tags 50 fish, we will tag 100. A tagged fish will be worth $25,000.00, not the first one caught, but all of them. If you catch any tagged fish with a child (<15) in your group, you get an extra $5,000.00; if you catch a tagged fish with a wounded veteran in your group, you get an extra $2,500.00 extra and the veteran gets $2,500.00; any tagged redfish harvested with a bow will awarded an extra $10,000 over any above its tag value.

Is this real--very!

Will this hurt CCA--Yes!

Is our goal to destroy CCA-Yes

Why--We spend a whole bunch of money to support recreational fishermen to only be setback by the likes of CCA-Louisiana.

What Next--Form a legitmate group of concern individuals, throughout the gulf coast who actually support the rights of ALL recreational fishermen, not a choosen few.

get your facts straight before you accuse others of not doing anything.
Bump bump.. Been a year and a half, whats the status brah?