Thread: Tripletail
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 11:45 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post
see thread already started on Conservation Board.

But I whole heartedly disagree with you fin.....They need a protection from the people that fish for them. Just because you don't, doesn't mean some guys not out there loading his ice chest full of them. I have heard many pros and cons from lots of people on both sides of the state. I'd be willing to bet more people are for this on the East side than on the West.

And they do make their way into Big Lake. Usually no farther North than Long Point or West Cove.
That's the beauty of America! We can all agree to disagree my friend! No hard feelings, just different view points. But jsut to clarify, I do fish them, and do very well, when the conditions are right. I for the life of me just don't know why we need a limit on them. Do you know of people in Big Lake catching more than 15-20 tripletail a day? I have never seen any one boat catch more than 17 and that was 3 men. Do they catch that eveytime they go out - of course not.

Most days, I am happy to get 3 or 4 and we eat them as fast as we get them. Never have to worry about freezing them - grilled, baked, and my favorite - cerviche!

Out of curiosity, what kind of limit would you ask for and what scientific data do you base this limit on? We all know what happened to the scientific data on Big Lake, the CCA convinced the LDWF commision to use it as toilet paper. Still disagree with the Big Lake 15 fish limit as you can tell! LOL - That whole thing was a "political - feel good" movement that went against scientific data. But it's done!