View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 10:01 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 959

And then I did something which I'm sure some people won't like. I painted the boat Dukes of Hazzard orange. Besides the fact that I loved watching that growing up, i figured that we will probably catch pretty good fish compared to most of the boats around us. And then people on other boats will notice the bright orange boat next to them that is always hooked up. And when they look for me in the marina afterwards, there will only be one bright orange boat.

And then we are playing with the window, not quite right yet but closer

Then I have a different crew working on redoing the roof. Harold brought his dad out from Puntarenas to help us get finished before February. His dad wanted to do the roof. So we started by making the tube that holds the actual top. I copied the old roof, which was rotten small aluminum tubes, and we went with a big fat tube.

I believe a few posts back I showed how we got the arc on the first sheet of foam. We used the same arc formula to make the bent on the tube so it has a nice arc too, and then cut the front with the same line. Then we mounted the aluminum tube on the faom, and doubled up the foam around the tube so the tube sinks into the roof. And then the top of the roof will have crown (arc), but the bottom will be flat so that it's hollow so I can run wiring. The first picture is a roof I helped Harold with earlier this year. It's kind of the same, but not really. And then the second picture is the roof we are building. It's a process shot, so not polished and finished but you get the idea.

Headed to the shop now, i'll try to take more pictures and post more often. I'm typing quick, so I'm sure there will be lots of typos...