View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 768

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Useless after they pump it? Why? Just curious. Where studying this same topic, about pumping sediment back into the marshlands. Somewhere in East LA they are making a beach to help stop the erosion, by pumping sediment back.
Around here they build levees around a section of land and then pump the dridge into it. The problem is this mud is pretty nasty being from the bottom of the channel and from my experience in the past on some sections of land it takes several years for this stuff to dry. Its like making a big quick sand pond. The top layer will dry but you can fall right threw it and its impossible to walk through. Yes ive seen some of them hold ducks but you cant hardly hunt them and does nothing for fishing since their leveed of anyway. It like building a impoundment full of mud. Now they might have another way of doing it I dont know, but this is how they recently did it north of hackberry. I guess it would create new land several years from now but I was just saying why nobody wants it on their land.