View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 11:33 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,970

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Fewest vehicles at Sabine Refuge I have ever seeen this past season. One of my leases borders the refuge on three sides, surrounded by the best open area in the refuge and there were little to no shots fired. My personal blind in that lease was a 800 plus bird blind for years. If I hunted every day I would have been lucky to scratch 100.

Rough year, pray it gets better.

Across the board this year was pitiful for most and that includes traditionally great blinds rice and marsh. The birds never came bc it takes a perfect weather/water year to get them down this far. The corn [emoji535] in Midwest, major flooding, and lack of weather is my theory on this piss poor season. The season total was 289 for my blind with about 30 geese included in that count mostly teal and a few greys mallards pins. Never seen the 2nd split completely dead from start to finish like it was this season in 20 years of die hard duck hunting. Something is wrong besides the factors I listed bc it?s been a trend for the last 5-6 seasons of steady decline even with good 2nd split fronts. Even bf I had a high $$$ lease I would kill ducks in places you won?t even see a duck today. Why? What is the determining factor..... I don?t point the finger at any one thing in particular just drastic changes in several different things that can alter migration I guess?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk