Thread: Helpfull info
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,194

Before I started fishing Big Lake two years ago I thought people were a little over dramatic about the way people run up on each other and burn banks in Big Lake. Now I understand and completely agree.

We were fishing birds on Friday afternoon and had an offshore boat with two motors cut in front of us with his engines on. I didn't even get angry I was so shocked there wasn't much to say. On the other hand, I was fishing a reef on the east side Sunday along with four other boats and a fifth boat showed up and saw we were anchored and trolled up very quietly. When I left the area I did the same for him. My son kept asking why weren’t running and this was a good chance to speak to him about how to act on the water.

For whatever reason this is an issue in Big Lake and I think although you will never fix the problem with everyone, as you know there are a ton of people that read this site and never post. Hopefully your post will go a long way towards helping make the issue better. This is such a great fishery but fishes extremely small.