View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Put in at the nature trail the other day. When I picked up my boat I had trash in it. Cans, bags, etc. Put everything in the net to go throw in the trash. What do u know? No trash cans out there. Lazy damn game wardens wanna complain about trash and shut places down but they don't do their part at all. I'm not taking up for the trashy people but gotta put some of the blame on the lazy government workers Aka game wardens. There are laws against leaving by catch. They need to be there to enforce it. Not shut it down when one person breaks the law. Just lazy people everywhere. Wanna sit in da AC and draw their check instead of gettin out there and sweatin a little.
TD.... I also often [usually] come home with someone else's trash.

But..... Why should there be trash cans at the boat launch / dock area? If a person brings some "trash", they should bring the trash home and not rely on "someone else" [ie. my money] to take care of their trash.

After a trip to Holly Beach 2 (?) years ago, I stopped at 2 locations in the refuge to see how the shrimpers were doing. Sabine NR had finally reopened for cast netting for shrimp the week before. I made a big mistake by not taking picture of how horriblly filtlhily the dock area was that day.

I could not step on the dock without stepping on old dried up dead bait fish. The flys were everywhere and the smell was bad. There was also large amounts of various other trash at both places that I checked. I was not at all supprised when Cast netting was closed down a few days later.

IMO.....It is not the Game Wardens job to patrol the docks to catch the "trashers", but they should write tickets when they see someone breaking the law.