View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 05:50 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 858

We set out this morning, an hour late but we left, got to the launch and set out. We passed the field of 8,000 crab traps and fished the south bank. I was showing the wife how to cast a spin cast and something about jerked the pole from my hands as I was looking at her talking, didn't get a good hook set and missed it. The next 3 was the same way, something big, burn my brakes up and spit it out. So we rode to the canal, wife caught a little rat trout and she whipped it off at the boat, I missed one too. We were next to the wooden post structures atthe mouth of the cove. So I finally talked her in to riding south to the jetties, the water was amazing, the best I have ever seen it. Dropped the trolling motor and realized neither of us remembered the shrimp......talk about feeling stupid. I guess the excitement got to us. Either way, we had an awesome time and learned a ton of stuff and I almost had a pelican land in the boat with me. We will make another trip, with shrimp, and will launch at another spot. The area is easy to navigate. Thanks for the advice guys