View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
Prohibition of alcohol ended in 1933 prohibition of pot started in 37'. Effectively giving the Prohibitionist new jobs. William Hurst saw hemp as threat to his giant paper mills. Up until 37' hemp was too hard to separate the fibers to make paper so he had nothing to worry about until the invention of the decordicator.
After that Harry Ansliger and hurst made the movie reffer madness and started a smear campaign with such infamous statements like " the devil weed that makes negros seek relations with white women "
I can go on but
In short the answer would be stupidity.
Ahhhhh yes, thank you for the abbreviated version.

I can understand heroin and crystal being illegal, but pot? Come on...

MG, how much pot have you smoked? Have you smoked enough to know that tracking it down can't be any easier than it already is? To be honest, when I was pre 18 and smoking pot, it was waaaaaay easier to get it than it was for me to go get dip and cigarettes. So, I vehemently disagree with the theory that it would become more obtainable to minors if made legal.

It seems the ban is still being upheld by the same types of folks that know nothing about the drug, except for what they heard and read. Exactly the same way the ban came into effect back in the 30's.