Thread: RTIC Coolers
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 08:06 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 4,409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Haynes View Post
So I have thought about one of these "super coolers". I decided against it, not because of cost but it seemed they are heavy and for their size, hold less. Since I like my fish on an ice slush and change out the dirty ice daily anyway, I decided against getting one. Am I missing it somewhere here? Now, no doubt on a 2 day trip or more on the water or extended hunting trip, they would be the thing but when coming back to camp everyday where I have ice, are they practical?

Ok, I'll put my 2 cents in on this one. I have both Yeti and K2. One is definitely superior to the other. Believe me, I speak from experience. I use the hell out of these ice chests. Yes, they keep ice great, but for me, the main benefit is that they are super tough. I was always repairing my Igloos. And heaven forbid I leave one at the meat market with my deer meat. Always would come back broken in some form or fashion. I have yet to make any repair to the Yeti or the K2. You can bang them around and it wont matter. For me, that makes them worth the $.