Thread: NFL Free Zone
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 09:46 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
It is disrespectful to this country. When the anthem and pledge is being recited you stand at attention, take your hat off, and place your hand on your heart. (At least that?s how I was taught by my Father and Grandfather)
That?s the least they can do for a country they GAVE them free food, free healthcare, free education and the opportunity to make millions for catching a ball.

If they don?t like it they can go take their sorry *** elsewhere.

The country gave them a free education? And here I thought it was the colleges that they played for, but I guess I was wrong. And how do you know they received free food and free healthcare? Are just assuming because they are black that everything was free? What about the white players that knelt? I'm pretty sure Jordy Nelson was one of the players who knelt, and that guy grew up on a farm in Kansas. You think everything was handed to him free? Hell, he was a walk-on at Kansas State.

As far as them "taking their sorry *** elsewhere"...what are we, North Korea now? Are we going to start throwing people in jail because they don't respect the government and the flag? I guess everyone who disrespected Obama for 8 years should be thrown in jail, along with everyone that continues to disrespect Trump. Can't have that.

I have two grandfathers that fought for this country (1 in WWII). My father served this country. Three of my uncles served this country. My brother-in-law serves this country. Have any of them complained about the protests? No. Because they fought for that. Do they agree with what they are protesting? No. But they fought for them to be able to do that. Not to be thrown in jail or told to leave the country because they don't respect the flag. Might as well fly the North Korean flag over the country if this is the mindset we are going to start taking on matters like this.

Here's a good question for all of the people here that seem opposed to this protest: do you stand at home when the anthem is played? Do you call out people in the stands when they do not stand and remove their hat for the playing of the anthem? Do you berate people who refuse to quit talking during the playing of the anthem?

I'm no fan of what the players are doing, and I don't agree with what they are protesting, because they are cherry-picking facts. But they have every right to do it, the owners have every right to not discipline them, and fans have every right to not watch if they choose. But you can't trample on someone's rights because you think it's wrong. And, you know, the funny thing about the 1st amendment is, what they are doing is allowed. Whether people like it or not.