Thread: CCA Members
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I grew up in Cameron. I was a recreational fisherman, but I had 100's of friends who were commercial fishermen. When the CCA was pushing for a gill net ban, you would not believe the T-shirts and bumper stickers bashing CCA. I fell into the crowd also, but it was because the whole area was against it. I think it was called GCCA back then.
When inland fishing went to crap, I started fishing offshore. I never put 2 and 2 together. I believed most of the commercial fishermen. When the fishing got better a couple years later, I then believed the gill net ban worked.
I still have issues with the way CCA handles things and some of their ideas. In my opinion, they are like a bull in the china cabinet. The don't seem to want to compremise on any issues. They want it their way and only their way. My opinion is reflected by news articles I read about them in newspapers and fishing/boating magazines, not from any personal experiences I have had with them.
But overall, it is still a good organization cause it helps support my addiction.

Edit: I don't agree with their Snapper ideas either. That is one of my issues.