View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel Screamers View Post
Because of a comment that Robin Rykers just made in testimony. They have revived Amendment 39 at this meeting but already this morning they are trying to kick the can down the road and all he is hearing is reasons why IT (regional management) WILL NOT WORK. It could be two more years before they work out Regional Management.

Personally that is my preferred option. But you are a business person if something happened in your industry that had you locked out of your major market, would you not have to consider all options on the table and get back to business while you work on something better?

Do you know why we do not have regional management now? It is because Florida has a governors election coming and their Governor did not want to negotiate over 2% points of quota and refuses to do so until after the election because he did not want to look week prior to the election. So something as simple as this has stalled Regional Management and allowed SS to move forward. As a business who was willing to take on the hurt in hopes of regional management, I have to ask which state has a Governors election coming up next that will stall Regional Management?

There have been lies told on both sides of this issue and just know that somewhere in the middle is the truth. Can I ask you why you are opposed to Sector Separation?

If 40 passes today the charter boats would be back into the fishery this June while they continue to work on Regional Management. If we continue to be locked out it is because once again someone decides to stall it in court.

Another thing that you have to consider is that we have all be fairly happy with WLF as of right now. I believe that they have done a fairly good job overall and have an open door policy for any issues. However I remember administrations of the past and if they do not get something done soon, there is going to be a new administration in Louisiana to finish this out, what will it look like? What support will either of the groups have?

Please do not take anything that I say argumentative I actually love the discussion.

I do too. I will respond after I finish bush hogging some fields