View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 10:09 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
You can legally high fence in Louisiana.

However, all the wild deer have to be out of the fenced area. It is pretty heavily regulated by the Louisiana Department of Ag and Forestry. High fence operations in Louisiana are no different than cow pastures--they are farms. The deer are classified as "alternative livestock".

Anyone that tells you they have wild deer in a high fence in Louisiana is either lying or breaking the law. They have to import every deer within the fence.

Now, I think even being able to buy deer to put in an enclosure is ridiculous. Someone obviously captured some deer at some point, which is illegal--or at the very least goes against the North American Model for Wildlife Conservation--and started "farming" them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Yes, i know its legal to high fence your property in LA. How could you possibly remove or know that you have removed all the deer from the property before the fence goes up? Didn’t they high fence something crazy like a few thousand acres or more? And do they also have to follow the same season dates, and laws that the entire state does?