View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown View Post
I hope you were joking on calling the guy an idiot by saying soil type is what grows big deer. I don't think he meant actual soil but the mineral content of the soil in putting nutrients in what the deer eat. Soil rich in nutrients grow healthier plants that help grow bone structure in horns. Also it is not hard to age deer by pictures. Thats how you effectively manage a deer program by taking mature deer not just certain point and spread criteria. We try to only harvest 4 year or older deer (minus kids or people trying to kill their first deer).
Naw he said soil is what grows the deer and then tried to tell me some other stuff he probably heard from one of those liberal professors that teach that type of stuff. He started using big words I didn't understand so I take that as an insult. I bet he don't even deer hunt. He don't know that I feed corn and rice bran year round and THAT is what grows the deer!
He mentioned trying to shoot deer that are old. Well deer don't get old in Allen Parish when your neighbor shoots everything that walks. I just want one of them bucks like they got on the lasportsman website