Thread: Ducks Unlimited
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 10:14 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

First of all, that idiotic Facebook group is the epitomy of everything that is wrong with LA duck hunting. It is nothing but a group of simpletons trying to blame everything on someone else. They are on a fool's mission.

As to the DU question: I've yet to hear a legitimate reason that wasn't based on some idiotic story about ice-eaters or nets. Getting pissy about DU spending money on private land is ridiculous. If they didn't spend money on private land, we would barely have the duck habitat that we do now. I've even heard people blame them for the change in farming practices. For crying out loud, DU didn't push that. Besides, it's so short-sighted to ***** about the effect of no-till farming on ducks when it is infinitely better for the environment.

DU can be a real pain sometimes (trust me), but they are one of the best conservation organizations out there in terms of on-the-ground work. They are partly responsible for keeping what rice acreage we have left in rice with the work they do with farmers.

You want to see less ducks? Have all of the remaining rice ground converted to sugarcane or row crops. You won't see very many ducks then.