View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 11:00 PM
Redfish

Cash: 874
Default Navarre beach mangroves

Just returned from a family beach trip in Navarre. I bankfish that bridge coming onto the island. I was only able to catch one snapper. Some of them I can see just sitting there in that clear water. I was using frozen shrimp and castnetting for live bait. It's almost like they could tell the fish was on a hook even though it was alive. They would just watch the pinfish tear apart my bait and as soon as it was free of the hook the snapper would come in and snatch it up. I tried dragging the bottom with a jighead, tried Carolina rig, and under a cork. Tried many different hooks and tried vudu shrimp. I threw everything I had at them. Maybe a super small bream hook might have worked idk. I caught remoras, sting rays, giant ladyfish, and a couple fish that looked like a giant tadpole. Something bit my pinfish in half but it wasn't the hooked half. I really wanted to catch the snapper but I was literally just watching them look at my bait until it was off the hook. Any suggestions y'all have on how to get them. I'd like to go more prepared next time.