View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 07:35 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by regsterdcoonass View Post
Hello, my name is mike fuselier, im 24 and im a bass fisherman. I am not here to be inflamatory toward anyone, I would just like input of a few legal matters. Heres my story.

Monday april 9th 2012 I was fishing in a part of sabine river called LOST LAKE. I arrived at the location at around 7:15am and fished the east bank from south to north until around 10am. At 10am my partner and I decided to try a couple spots on the way back to the south side of the lake so we could fish in the shade. As we are making our way back to the South end of the lake we here four women shouting at us, and we hurried up to go meet them. They started telling us to leave and we couldnt be there and we better throw whatever fish we caught back into the lake or we would be arrested and have our equipment taken away from us for TRESPASSING on their property. I asked them why I couldnt fish there several times and they told me it belongs to "THE MARSH CLUB" and i couldnt be there. My response probably came off as rude but wasnt intended, I said well I saw no signs and i found this place on a map of sabine river. Her response was that the place was dredged. She proceded to tell me if I left then that nothing would become of it and do not come back. I rudely told her she had no right, the water is part of sabine river(AND I AM RIGHT). The women started taking pictures of my boat numbers my boat and myself and partner. She then proceded to call her boss who will remain anonymous and he told her to tell me again, I will be arrested by the sheriffs department if I did not leave immediately and if i did nothing would become of it. We left and just went home because we were so aggrevated. On our way out we idled threw the cut instead of running as we did to get in(no need to run its 3-4ft deep) and we saw the old faded sign LICENSED HUNTING PRESERVE trespassers will be prosecuted. Which is fine because I was fishing

Having read this, does anyone know of any law that prevents me from fishing this area? It is my understanding that according to the FEDERAL RIVER LAW, LOUISIANA CIVIL CODES 150-159, and THE PUBLIC TRUST DOCTRINE OF LOUISIANA, I can fish in waters that lay ontop of privately-owned land. Now having said that some of the Louisiana laws conflict with the federal laws(you just have to read them). Regardless of which, the Federal laws always outweigh the state laws.

Were you by chance wearing a hoodie?