View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 08:47 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Sounds easy but lacassine would be a lot harder to burn than say Sabine. They are two totally different marshes. Sabine has ground and if you light it afire it will burn all the way to the root system. Lacassine is no ground. The grass is over head high everywhere but the water is also knee high just about everywhere. It would be hard to keep a fire going in lacassine. No to mention its mostly cat tails and I haven't talked to anyone that's found a good way to get rid of them yet. I agree something needs to be done but it would be harder in lacassine. Hell Sabine usually has a lightning fire or two every year. And budget has a lot to do with it. I have called refuge officials several times on this issue and the answer is always "no funding". They don't even have the funding to man what they have now. Which is why there is still porches and washing machines in Sabine and will likely be there until they rot. Only thing that might open up lacassine again is another Rita. And I don't think anyone wants that.