View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 12:26 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 959

Sorry for the lack of pictures, it's been a day and night type of deal lately. Pretty much everything is getting close now, but nothing is finished. First thing we did was a bunch of fairing. We would paint primer on thick with a brush, sand it with 100 grit, and then use a pencil to circle any imprefections and then use body filler to fill the spots.

And then we masked off the area that we will put non slip

Then masked off the orange to keep it orange. We still haven't hit that with the final two passes of sandpaper

And then we started painting!!! Just primer, but Monday we will do the topcoat I believe

The inside too, but not the top yet as they are still welding up there. But the bridge is ready for paint once they get done welding either tomorrow or Monday.

We had a guy working on the hard top too lately. All the speaker and light holes are cut out. We are going with 4 LED color changing lights in the hard top, a pair of Rigid lights to light the cockpit when we need bright lights, and then 4 fusion audio speakers in the top, and 2 in the top of the cockpit. We will have a seperate cabin radio with 4 speakers as well, and the outside radio will have 6 speakers. I'm going with the JBL marine head units. They are the round ones, and they are really easy to connect to via bluetooth, so the customers can play music off of their phones. The inside radio will be connected to the screen also, I'm thinking about getting a big tablet or touchscreen computer so people can watch movies on the overnight trips (or I can watch movies with the kids in the slip). Heres the bottom of the hard top:

Then we started on the doors. The doors are all foam cored, except for 1 inch on the side where the hinges go. We are putting in two pistons to shut the doors so you can just pull them open and walk in and they shut themselves. We are going to put two windows in them, that will line up with the side windows so it almost looks like one big window across the back. I thought about painting the space between the tinted plexiglass black too, but I think I'll leave it white for now.

And then we did the biggest thing to improve the quality of fishing. We are taking the ugly ladder out of the middle of the fishing area. It's going to be a bit harder to get upstairs, but we are going to build something to grab onto to make it easier. I lowered the ladder part on one side (it used to have one of those ridiculously high perches). It's hard to explain, but we just cut the base off of one of the ladders and welded it onto the foot. I like how it turned out, although I'm sure there will be some that don't. The cockpit is HUGE now, and it's now it's a fishing boat.

Last little bit of fairing and paint prep tomorrow and then we'll shoot the final topcoat hopefully Monday. And then we move to the wiring and plumbing stage, but there isn't too much to wire as most of the household type of things we are taking out.

On a side note, I was thinking of putting in a 10KW battery out of a wrecked tesla to power the AC during our day trips. We could charge at night, and then run the AC all day without turning on the genset. Maybe just turn the genset on when we need to cook, and then go back to battery power. That might be a whole seperate forum post, but it's something I'm figuring out now.