View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 09:05 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
I don't know casey but my view of what the reasons they stated for starting this website were mainly because of sportsmans moderators selectively enforcing rules and allowing unchecked trolling by a certain group there to get so out of hand as to be running people off of the website and if anyone dared to speak up about it, they got banned for doing so.

hate to say it but the trolling here has gotten just as bad if not worse then at sportsman and the only real difference here is the moderators aren't involved with it.

the trolling of fishing and hunting report sections are not allowed, but that should also extend to the other forums as well because they have the gill net forum for that stupidity. why must the stupidity be allowed everywhere except 5% of the website?

people don't expect the report sections to be the only safe place to post and have an intelligent discussion about things without being harassed or have threads hijacked by trolls. if that is the case then you have decided you don't want people to be free to post things for discussion if you are saying you wont prevent trolls from screwing up those discussions.

no one is saying crack down on posts but a simple rule of not hijacking threads and staying on topic is not to much to ask. and you don't need to ban anyone over it, the magic deletion fairy works very well for us at other websites where I moderate and there is no restriction on what people feel then can say or post because they know the very basic rules to follow which are do and say what you want but no trolling, cursing, or hijacking of threads. those 3 simple rules do not fly in the face of what and why this site was created

Actually this site was started because there were a small group of people that got banned from las for speaking the truth. It was a whole site of trolls and people jacking with each other for the first year. It actually got toned down a lot after Casey bought it and is still nowhere near the amount of people messing with each other.