Thread: Bl rant
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 09:59 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 685

I have fished Sabine Lake and the surronding marshes all my life. I' ve been guiding on it for 18 years. Sabine Lake without a doubt has an abundant amount of natural flowing esturies which in return provides an abundance of bait. I 100% agree with everyone about wiers. Weirs equal poor man made controlled water structures only with the intent of improving a rich man's duck marsh. In Fact, on Sabine there is a weir established for that which everyone in the area has seen the results. What is so interesting is that before man controlled the water on this weir, we use to catch all the shrimp and crabs you wanted. Now it is intentionaly closed during the spring and no shrimp or crabs can enter the marsh. Intended to hold fresh water for ducks. Hello if you want widgeon grass in your marsh, you need some salt! Ducks dont eat cattails and lily pads! I feel yall pain. There has been talk about putting weirs on Sabine, if thats the case we will be screwed. If it wouldn' be for Texas supporting Sabine we would be hurting also. Texas stocks redfish and flounder every year. They also will not let one of the biggest oyster reefs on the coast to be dredged. Thank you, Texas. Louisiana you will never have help unless you are a rich man!!!