View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 887

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I myself really don’t care if they put a limit on Tripletail or not....I don’t fish them enough to care. My only problem is how can we say they need a limit? How do we know were hurting them? They migrate like ducks..... Unless we can prove it or state facts I don’t think we need to jump the gun on this! Lets save our estuaries instead of putting money in a study on a fish only few go after!

If all of a sudden HARDTAILS became a main course would we place a limit on these also?....

It’s just a topic of discussion but to let the public vote wheatear we need a limit on triple tail is useless...... I say show me where we need one and prove we need one and then let’s put it in place...... I voted to put one but I still think we jump the gun too much on fishing issues to quickly….. Save the estuaries and fish will survive
The estuaries...and our eroding marshes..this is the key and to me more important .... and where the focus should be.... if I'm not mistaken..didn't the Louisiana biologist state that lowering the limit on Calcasieu Lake would not be beneficial....but they did it anyway...I always thought that was just a step into making the limits even lower on big lake and the rest of the state in the future....so do they even listen to what the biologist say..no they don't...My opinion..it's all a political agenda supported by someone with a special interest.