View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908
Default This one got me stumped...

Ok, this one has me stumped. A few weeks ago I started having this issue with the internet at my house. My laptop will show excellent connection to the router but I can't open any pages or even refresh the pages that are already open. Every time I try to go to a new page, I get redirected to the Google search page and it gives me search results for what I typed into the address bar. For example, I open Internet Explorer and type in www.google.com it will take me to a search page for google.com and www.google.com will be the first search result. If I click on it, it will bring me straight to that page. This happens for any web page I type in. This is happening on both laptops I have connected to this router. I use my laptop at work and it works fine all day every day but as soon as I get home it starts doing this. It's driving me crazy and my wife keeps complaining about it but I've checked the internet settings on both of our laptops and have also checked the settings in the router but everything looks correct. Any ideas on what could be causing this?