View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 01:24 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3FLa View Post
(1) We plan on spending a significant sum of money on making the sponsors of the STAR realize what they think CCA is doing is not exactly what is being done.

For example, once the license increase takes effect, we have secured media reps to prepare a full page ad in every magazine and newspaper that circulates south of Interstate 10. The page will reflect the names of every sponsor to the STAR and inform every read that the mentioned names are in part responsible for the increase in YOUR cost to fish in this State. We will also make a humble request that all readers cease business with these entities.

We have cleared this with legal, so this is a go. If approved, the law will go in effect on August 15, 2014 and the ad will appear on the following weeks/months publications.

(2) Many of you raised the fact that CCA is a political organization. In fact, we have evidence, testimony and recordation of CCA staff and directors stating such.

We are compiling such evidence to present to the IRS since a 501(C) corp. cannot be political in nature.
Interesting. I've been thinking of writing all the S.T.A.R. weigh stations in the off season to let them know how CCA has been misusing resources in the name of conservation and ask them to join the boycott. It seems to me more reasonable to give them an opportunity to make an informed decision regarding whether to step back from supporting CCA before trying to harm their businesses.

I've met a number of the owners of business who have S.T.A.R. weigh stations. I have not had ample opportunity to discuss these issues with them, yet. These are good people and good, honest businessmen and women. Like many sportsmen, I think they have been duped by the idea that a group with "Conservation" in the name must be doing good. I'd be slow and grant them opportunity to consider all the facts for a period of time before attempting to impact their income.