View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 11:11 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I hunted with lots of dogs some come from trainers and some from guys who trained them

By far 100% dogs trained by owners of dog were better dogs!!

I have hunted with D's dog and that mule is a machine!! Sucker picks up 2-3 ducks at a time...

I have been on 3 hunts of opening day in my life with dogs that came from trainers

Dog #1 ; Little Chenier about 20 years ago my cousin got his prize field breed lab (3k) back from training for opening of duck season!!
1st 3 shots this dog took off like lighting and we never saw him for 3 days

Dog #2 ; 2010 Rice field, buddy just got his prize 7k total with training dog back and never seen a dog get beat so much because it did not know what a duck was!! Would not pick up birds

Dog #3 2012 Rice Field, Dog was a trainers for 8months and buddy was bragging about how bad azz this dog was and showed me some trials he won that summer ( yada yada yada) This dog retrieved more decoys and tangled up more decoys than he got ducks!!
Whats good is when a guy comes out and ask you if he can bring his dog. You try to explain the marsh is total different than the field.Its suppose to be one of those high powered dog that cost $10,000. Well you give in knowing better and the first duck on the pond the dog jumps out and smashes all your grass down and wont go get the duck so you spend your day going get the birds and then have too fix your grass back. I have learned now and tell them to keep it in there truck