View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 10:41 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
If i am in ANY accident LEO will be called. Reason? i had worked a very hard 16 hr shift and was coming home. Sitting at a red light i nodded off let my foot off the brake rolled forward and bumped the car in front of me. i did damage the bumper a bit so we exchanged info . i went home and after sleeping called the number to arrange to pay for bumper. .No answer tried a couple more times no answer a few weeks latter i get served papers. being sued for pain an suffering loss of income etc. Only thing that saved my butt was a friend that knew the woman and worked with her. he documented her doing her job and gave it all to my lawyer. when her lawyer saw the video he told her to accept payment for the bumper and move on.
Yep. I've actually been in a fender bender where I was in the wrong and the lady was torn on if she should call the cops. I told her all we legally had to do was exchange info and be on our way, but if I were her husband, I'd be pretty pissed if she didn't call LEO for a report. She did and I got a driving award.