Thread: Make a List
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334
Default Make a List

I did not get back into my lease in Pecan Island in 2007 since the drive from my new home and city in Lake Charles would be a beast. Figured I would just hunt the Sabine Reserve and make due since I had hunted it prior to Rita and had great luck.

It must have been the 2nd or third weekend of the season and I scheduled a hunt with a buddy from Moss Bluff. Plans were for me to meet him at the Lowe's in Sulphur early on Saturday morning. The next morning everything seems to go as planned until I top the 210 bridge when I remember that I forgot the dog! Oh well, really not a deal breaker since Vance can always double as our retriever. Get to Lowe's and begin to load all of Vance's gear when he ask where my gun was??? Oh ****, musta forgot my gun too, he started to chuckle when he asked where my waders were???? In my haste to get out of the house, I had forgotten my dog, gun, and waders at home!!!

Make a u-turn and head back to South Lake Charles to pickup all of my hunting gear plus dog without waking up the whole house. I managed to slide in stealth and get everything but recieved a call several hours later from my wife informing me that I left the garage door wide azz open when I left the second time.

We had a good shoot but I was worn slap azz out from all of the stress.
Next time I made a list of mandatory items to take hunting and had them in the truck.