View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 649
Default Inspirational words from Ted Nugent

I have been following the saltycajun for about a year, great web site with lots of good people. I wanted to share an email I wrote Ted and his response. I know there are lots of hard core sportsman online that can appreciate these words. I also attached the last two big fish that my son caught in Big Lake just weeks before his passing and his last deer from our camp.
LOVE AND ENJOY THOSE KIDS EVERY DAY!

Ted,

I truly hope this note finds you. I do not expect a reply, just hope you get to read this.

My son Louis passed in his sleep this December 19, we still do not know why for sure. He lived life large, liked old school rock and loved to WIN big in the outdoors. I am his dad and a fanatic hunter and fisherman, a Yankee from Pennsylvania that fell head over heals for Texas and Louisiana since 1983. Funny, I read your article this month "Celebrate Death" and it fits Louis Perfectly. Never a diehard like me, he was definitely out there for the end result. Ironically, he always fished and hunted the LEAST, but ALWAYS walked away with the biggest or best. He would acknowledge his spot on top then slip his Ipod and ear phones on and "Chill". We spent many days in the outdoors and those memories are not only priceless but keeping me going. It is truly amazing how the great outdoors can mend and bring a sense of
purpose to ones soul.

Two days after the funeral in Lake Charles, LA, my brothers and nephew from Pennsylvania celebrated at my camp near Palestine, TX. We stayed up late telling stories and successfully hunted wood ducks in the morning. The fish took a perfect cue from above and provided good action on a cool sunny December afternoon. On new years weekend, I repeated the same venture with 3 of his closest teen age cousins from Louisiana. We ate grilled wood duck and rainbow trout (stocked for the winter) and played poker for hours, always keeping Louis in our stories. After the morning hunts, we shot targets until the barrels were too hot to hold. Life is good in America and the Lord provides an enormous resource for those that seek adventure, nurturing and healing.

I am blessed with a beautiful wife and two lovely daughters. They appreciate the bounty but not the chase. The reality of a one male household is starting to set in, especially with the Mother in Law at the helm to help us through these tough days.

Anyway the reason I only wrote you, I receive 5 various hunting and fishing subscriptions and the only one LOUIS would ever read is Texas Fish and Game, and he only would read one article --- YOURS. He fully understood and appreciated your vision.

Take Care and good Hunting in 2011!

Ken

(Ted's Response)
Damn painful letter to read Ken, but no where in the realm of pain you & your family is going through. I am honored & moved to have you share such a intimate story with me & the word BloodBrother has never been more appropriate or powerful! Thank you for enriching & fortifying my life with the presence of Louis. His life was way too short, but I believe much fuller than many people who live four times the years. You're a good dad for filling him with the mighty Spirit of the Wild. We will always be Spirit BloodBrothers and everytime we venture forth Louis will be with us. In the wind he's still alive. Godspeed to you & yours, American BloodBrothers, Ted Nugent & family
Attached Images
File Type: jpg louis redfish.jpg (49.6 KB, 544 views)
File Type: jpg louis trout.jpg (69.5 KB, 546 views)
File Type: jpg louis deer.jpg (131.8 KB, 546 views)