View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
On the east side Fisherman plant oysters all year long, they get seed oysters from one area and go dump them on a bed they own in order to harvest them in the winter.
SS, I realize that and my question was meant to imply that our fishermen on the west side are only taking from the peoples resource and not putting in. We all have a vested interest in our natural resources be it fish,shrimp, crabs,ducks, deer, ect. Why can't the task force and fishermen see that raping the resource will cause it to implode. Instead of harvesting the "Golden Eggs", they are killing the "GOOSE". They have the history of the oyster reefs in Big Lake to see this and still they allow it to happen over and over again. Surely, the biologists can tell us how many sacks of oysters can be taken from the lake on a annual basis without hurting the resource. Set a quota for the lake or license and when it is reached shut it down. HELL, I am not a Mental Heavy Weight and can see where that would maintain the resource in perpatuity(sp).