View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

PM Sent
These are some of the more popular cords in the area.
WD 143 is listed it is ~2 miles north of the lumps. To find the lumps run about 1 1/2 miles south then idle and watch for the changes in water depth. It happens pretty quick. I find the up current side of the lumps to be more productive. I have a few more that I will send you when I make to the camp and get my notebook. These will be areas where platforms were removes. They are some great areas for Aj’s. Not to many people fish here and I don’t know how many people know about them. I happen to just stumble on most of them while drift fishing.
Keep in mind I was able to comfortably run to these locations in my boat. I don’t
know the condition of your boat or what kind of range you have in your boat. I would suggest that you plug these numbers into your plotter in your driveway before you leave the house. Then plot your course so you know the locations you can run to based on fuel consumption of your boat. Also let someone know where you plan on going and when you plan on returning.
Also keep in mind the LOOP safety zone is between GI and some of the southern cords I sent you. Unless your boat is fast you will have to run around it. I was caught twice in my boat and was threatened to be reported to homeland security. The OSV they run for security is fast. Had a buddy with a contender 27T with twin 300's that had no problem running through. This will add an average of 12 miles to the trip.

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Pick up the plot maps of this area before you head out. I think they are NOAA chart 11366 and 11367. 11366 being the most important one.[/SIZE]