Thread: GI 7/3-7/4
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
Well the 3rd sucked for me as my powerpole bracket was broken when I got to the marina
Attachment 36833
Never got on a good bite... Managed three dink keepers with a few throwback

Morning of the fourth storms were popping up so decided to sleep in and fish all afternoon if they went away. Took some family on a short boat ride to show the some sights cause they are from out of state an have never really been on the water in Louisiana. Well I came around this island and saw the trout busting up some bait so I had to stop and make a few casts. First cast with a white skitterwalk got a couple of blowups and I told em we would have to sit there for a minute. Boated a few nice trout on top and with a bomber long a, my uncle and his daughter picked up some on live shrimp, and my girl was tearing em up on COC DOAs. Well after a little bit I had to bring them back to the dock cause they were getting restless so then after the ride back and a few minutes at the dock we got back to the spot and the bite had slowed and the fish got smaller. Weeded through the dinks for the last couple hours and ended with 29 specks and a flattie. Attachment 36844
Didn't catch any hawgs but I felt the need to break our the creeper with that 18"er since I was wearing the blue SC shirt

I also caught the woman of my dreams when I asked my girlfriend Katie to marry me.... Here's the ringAttachment 36845
All in all another great week in GI and trust me you don't need to run very far from the island to catch fish
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Sounds like a good trip, Bob and congrats on the trophy.