Thread: Weirs
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 06:42 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Dude, I've thrown up so many facts on these weirs and that marsh, it ain't even funny. This conversation has been going on for a LONG, LONG, LONG time. I've even offered some of the reports I have on research that has been done on the Cameron-Creole. I quit posting the same thing over and over again because people don't care to know anything scientific unless it supports their side.

Here's your link Waltrip. Find where you posted the name.

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion: Weirs Closed - SaltyCajun.com
Thanks for the link. There was a lot of good discussion and information posted in that thread. Also note that back in April, a number of folks thought there was something really wrong because their fish catches were down. Others suggested the fish might just be in an unusual pattern and not being caught because of the cooler spring and changed foraging habits.

Now that it's late June, "W" and other guides have been reporting catching limits of specks just about every day, and often by 9:00 AM. Those fish being caught in June were in or near the estuary back in April, they just were not being caught then because even the experienced Big Lake anglers did not know where they were.

Specks are an unpredictable fish and Big Lake is an unpredictable lake. A few months of bad fishing does not mean the sky is falling, it just means the fish are doing something unexpected.