View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 07:04 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
He gave it to you. Go back and look.

Maybe you need to go read it AGAIN.

Post it up if you're so confident that he said it.

Show me where he posted a name. He didn't. He's bluffing again, like always. I just reread that entire thread. Not once did he say who was in control. He couldn't even give me the name of a public servant that he or his buddies talked to.

When did I say anything indicative of me "believing everything the government tells me"? I'm simply stating what I know from experience.

These guys managing those lands are just as much concerned with the marsh as a whole as they are with ducks. You don't plant smooth cordgrass for ducks. There's a lot better plants than smooth cord for ducks.

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe someone is pulling the strings and having the weirs managed poorly, or at least not the way they are supposed to be. But I don't think its those landowners.

The thing that some people fail to realize is that leaving the weirs closed could be as bad for the marsh as opening the weirs when the lake salinity is high. It can reach salinities back there from evapotranspiration that are lethal to many plants. How is letting the salinity get out of control good for the marsh?

So opening those weirs periodically is just as important for the marsh as it is for the lake.

Why is it not being operates correctly? I don't know. I don't think anyone here does.