Thread: Duckett rods
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 03:31 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
What abus are you using? I've used the veritas(sp) and I broke every one of them. I had bought one and loved it so I bought another 3-4. I think I only have one left. The rod breaks easy and the eyes are super brittle I found.

I like the ducketts, especially for flipping. I have one for texas rig and one for jig. The one that sucks is the 7' medium, I bought that one for trout fishing and fishing traps/jerkbaits/flukes and lighter baits, so far the durability of that rod SUCKS. The other two I have beat up pretty good, hit them on TM on accident a few times and hit branches and they are still fine, not to mention I fish 20lb test with my jig and have stuck plenty solid bass and stupid choupiques, so those rods perform as they should
I have around 10 veritas casting rods (2.0's, winch series, micro series, and the original models), 2 of the same spinning veritas, and a few of the vendettas also (casting and spinning). The 2.0's are much better than the old models. Still yet, I think I've either broke an eye, or lost an eye insert on just about every one of them at some point. I'm pretty sure that's mostly my fault. I'm not very gentle with rods. But, I've heard of other people having problems with the eyes also. For the price they're great rods though.

Recently got a 7'11 XH 2.0 winch series and for $100 bucks you're not going to find a better big cranking stick. If you're wanting a medium 7' rod for traps, jerkbaits, etc. I'd try to get a rod specifically made for crank baits instead of just a regular 7' med. The tip / backbone will be more suited for that and should load up correctly on casts and hook sets.