Thread: Duckett rods
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 08:09 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
What abus are you using? I've used the veritas(sp) and I broke every one of them. I had bought one and loved it so I bought another 3-4. I think I only have one left. The rod breaks easy and the eyes are super brittle I found.

I like the ducketts, especially for flipping. I have one for texas rig and one for jig. The one that sucks is the 7' medium, I bought that one for trout fishing and fishing traps/jerkbaits/flukes and lighter baits, so far the durability of that rod SUCKS. The other two I have beat up pretty good, hit them on TM on accident a few times and hit branches and they are still fine, not to mention I fish 20lb test with my jig and have stuck plenty solid bass and stupid choupiques, so those rods perform as they should
Also, I've never completely broken any of my abus. IMO the blanks are great. Just the eyes are poop. I had a 7'3 Heavy Vendetta that a ripped the reel seat out of on a grown man hook set with #65 braid close to the boat. But again, that was my fault. Apparently I didn't have the reel tightened down all the way on the seat, and the slack from that with the big hook set tore the reel out. Also if you use lews casting reels, certain models don't fit the seats well, and you have to make it a habit to check and make sure the reel is tightened down all the way or this will happen. FYI lol