View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 10:13 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
I am certainly a pro gun guy and a hunter. My wife and I both have a concealed carry license and we vote republican.

However where I differ from most is on assault rifles. I just don't see where there is a need for semi auto weapons like an ar-15 that holds 30 rounds. Full disclosure I own one. I realize I am probably in the minority on this but you don't see mass shootings with a browning a5 or Remington 700 bolt action they just aren't the weapon of choice or made to fire off significant rounds in a mass shooting situation.

Just offering a different opinion on this. As it relates to gun control I firmly support the right to carry. I just don't see a real need for an assault weapon. I feel I could defend my home very well wiht an 870 express pump shotgun.

You have guts coming out with these statements on this forum! I must admit I'm with you 100% on this. I am an avid hunter, own several shotguns, I am deputized to carry although I seldom do. I do not have an assault weapon and I'm not a member of NRA for this very reason. After the dust settles NRA will suffer big time with their blinding support of these assault weapons. With elections coming up those politicians who are bought by the NRA will have a hard time getting re-elected. Just my opinion.
No one needs an assault weapon. These belong to the military only. Get them off the streets, out of gun shows and Hollywood. The very name in itself should give a strong definition to what their purpose is used for! Lets start off by getting rid of them again.