Thread: Speck Calls
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
So does Chein Caille. Go to the man's house in Gueydan and shoot the bull with him. He will make you one. Then you can try it out. If you want it changed, he will change it for you. Mervis Saltzman is his name and if he ain't around his son Kendall will make you one too. You can also watch the game and drink beer with him in his shop. It's a good time. Also guranteed forever. You split the reed, just get some beer and go see him again, he will make you a new reed and fix it right up. You want it to be easy to blow? He can do dat, he once made one for a guy with one lung.
I was hunting at Gueydan hunting club a few years ago and I was talking to one of the guides about how I didn't like how my chien caille was sounding. The guide told me," The guy that makes them only lives a few miles up the road. On your way out stop by and shoot the breeze with him and he will fix you up." Sure enough I went to his house, he trimmed on my reed, and got it sounding perfect. He even gave me a few tips on calling. I need to go see him again. My reed is cracked.