View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 08:45 AM
Redfish

Cash: 623

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
I just don't get it? I go to walmart and buy a $40 graphite rod that lasts me 10-12 years before I manage to break the eyes because i just don't even try to take good care of them.

I could see a pro guide spending $200 on a rod because it has to be bullet proof and gets used every day but for the average fisherman, you don't have to go in expecting it must cost over $100 for a fishing pole.

I use these and they are perfectly fine rods of high quality

do yourself a favor and try this rod out before you automatically decide the quality of a rod is all about how much money you spend on it http://www.walmart.com/ip/Halo-Fishi...Heavy/34769863

I use these in medium and medium light 6.6 ft and they are perfectly fine rods of high quality
I agree with you.

I've yet to have anybody prove to me that they can catch more fish with their high dollar rods than I can with my Ugly Stik Inshore Select or Ugly Stik Elite rods that I bought for fifty bucks or less.

I think most fishing tackle is designed to catch fishermen moreso than catching fish. Being convinced a high dollar rod is somehow "better" than another rod is proof of good marketing not fishing production.