View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 11:50 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
I just don't get it? I go to walmart and buy a $40 graphite rod that lasts me 10-12 years before I manage to break the eyes because i just don't even try to take good care of them.

I could see a pro guide spending $200 on a rod because it has to be bullet proof and gets used every day but for the average fisherman, you don't have to go in expecting it must cost over $100 for a fishing pole.

I use these and they are perfectly fine rods of high quality

do yourself a favor and try this rod out before you automatically decide the quality of a rod is all about how much money you spend on it http://www.walmart.com/ip/Halo-Fishi...Heavy/34769863

I use these in medium and medium light 6.6 ft and they are perfectly fine rods of high quality
Probably 15+ years ago, a fishing buddy told me about a rod he got at Academy. He said he had used it on a few trips and it was a great rod.... for $ 16.

I got one a few weeks later. This rod is a Classic Edition [I don't know if they are still made] 7' Medium light action. I have change 2 of the all metal eyes and still use the rod sometimes. It is still a very good rod.