Thread: Baltimore
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 09:35 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
you guys should know me well enough to know I'm not out to just tick people off.

The dialouge we have here (for most of us) is civil and brings enjoyable debate because we are all "real" folks..

I think many of us, including me, have no real idea of the sub-culture we have in the large cities these days.

Baltimore and many other cities represent an altered reality for us.........many of these young men protesting have never witnessed or heard of a male figure in the family EVER working.......for generations deep now.......

We are blessed to not have to live in that reality.

While I do not condone their actions, I can understand how it happens.

This is a great post.

Understanding the other side of the coin is the biggest hurdle in developing logical scenarios for the betterment of society as a whole. This is part of the layers I have been poking at throughout the whole conversation.

The problem we face goes way dealer than just ignoring the problem and saying people need to nut up and get there crap together - it's generational, change for this environment starts with the young and takes place over generations. Force only goes so far before it turns against you.

Call it white guilt or whatever you want, I call it identifying fundamental problem and realizing that the current method of action is not going to resolve anything, but will only make it worse.

Motor ingrams are set at a young age, change the paradigm with the youth and you change history... History isn't normally dictated by the actions of the aggressor, but more so by the reactions of the perceived victims of the aggression.

People are people, and at the end of the day people are animals to a certain extent. When pinned against a wall and left with only primal instinct to prove a point, primal instinct will prevail every time... From both sides.